Chicken burgers made with sweet corn and carrot relish is a healthy alternative to beef burgers and the cheese and pepper give them a lovely taste. These delicious Chicken Burgers has a cheesy surprise in the middle and are full of amazing flavor and protein!
Delicious Chicken Burgers With a Cheesy Surprise
1 crushed clove of garlic
1 finely chopped small onion
1/2 Red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon Sunflower oil
2 tablespoon 0%-fat Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon freshly chopped herbs, such as parsley or tarragon
50 g/2 oz Cheshire cheese, crumbled
450 g/1 lb Fresh chicken mince
50 g/2 oz Fresh brown breadcrumbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Sweet Corn and Carrot Relish
1 Carrot, peeled and grated
1/2 Green chili, deseeded and finely chopped
2 teaspoon Cider vinegar
2 teaspoon light soft brown sugar
200 g Can of sweet corn, drained
Wholemeal or granary rolls lettuce sliced tomatoes mixed salad leaves
1. Preheat the grill. Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently cook the onion and garlic for 5 minutes. Add the red pepper and cook for 5 minutes. Transfer into a mixing bowl and reserve.
2. Add the chicken, yogurt, breadcrumbs, herbs and cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. Divide the mixture equally into 6 and shape into burgers. Cover and chill in the refrigerator tor at least 20 minutes.
4. To make the relish, put all the ingredients in a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon of water and heat gently, stirring occasionally until all the sugar has dissolved.
5. Cover and cook over a low heat for 2 minutes, then uncover and cook for a further minute, or until the relish is thick.
6. Place the burgers on a lightly oiled grill pan and grill under a medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes on each side, or until browned and completely cooked through.
7. Warm the rolls it liked, then split in half and fill with the burgers, lettuce, sliced tomatoes and the prepared relish. Serve immediately with the salad leaves.
This gooey, cheesy chicken burger recipe is sure to please the whole family, especially the kids. Serve on a whole wheat bun, on top of mashed potatoes, on a bed of noodles, or on their own for a lighter meal with salad on the side.