Are you looking for a healthy breakfast for your family? The nutritious Bircher muesli is the answer. Adults and children alike have been eating Bircher muesli for ages and still keep coming back to it. What’s more, preparing this no-cook breakfast is as easy as 1-2-3.
* 250 g/9 oz Rolled oats
* 150 g/5 1/2 oz. Chopped nuts (like macadamia nuts, cashew nuts or hazelnuts)
* 200 ml/7 fl oz. Full-fat milk or soy milk
* 1 tablespoon Wheat germ
* 2 tablespoon Natural yogurt
* 2 tablespoon Clear honey, plus extra to serve (optional)
* 1 Apple, peeled, cored and grated
* Mixed berries, like blueberries, raspberries and strawberries fruit puree, to serve (optional)
The night before serving, mix the milk, oats, and wheat germ together in a bowl. Cover it with cling film and chill overnight.
To serve, stir the oat combination, add the honey, yogurt and apple, and mix it nicely.
Spoon it into serving bowls, top with all the nuts and berries, and drizzle it with a bit honey or fruit puree for a tastier treat.
* This recipe is good for six servings.
Here is a good deal on Bob’s Red Mill Old Country Style Muesli, 40-oz. Bags (Count of 4)
Need it faster check this video out: