Who loves crispy, crunchy veggies, chestnuts with soy and ginger dressing? (I do too!) I also love that this healthy Chinese Vegetable salad recipe is not only one of the tastiest salads ever, it’s also super healthy. Like super crazy healthy.
Healthy Chinese Vegetable Salad
6 trimmed Spring onions
1 head of Chinese cabbage
4 ripe but firm cherry tomatoes
200 grams drained can water chestnuts
125 g/4 oz Mangetout
125 g/4 oz Bean sprouts
2 tablespoon Freshly chopped coriander
For the Soy and Ginger Dressing
2 tablespoon Sunflower oil
4 tablespoon Light soy sauce
2.5 cm/1 inchRoot ginger, peeled and finely grated
1 Zest and juice of lemon
Crusty white bread, to serve
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Rinse and finely shred the Chinese cabbage and place in a serving dish.
2. Slice the water chestnuts into small slivers and cut the spring onions diagonally into 2.5 cm/1 inch lengths, then split lengthwise into thin strips.
3. Cut the tomatoes in half and then slice each half into 3 wedges and reserve.
4. Simmer the mangetout in boiling water for 2 minutes until beginning to soften, drain and cut in half diagonally.
5. Arrange the water chestnuts, spring onions, mangetout, tomatoes and bean sprouts on top of the shredded Chinese cabbage. Garnish with the freshly chopped coriander.
6. Make the dressing by whisking all the ingredients together in a small bowl until mixed thoroughly. Serve with the bread and the salad.
Sprinkling the tomatoes with a small amount of sugar will draw out the bitter juices, and add an intensity to the flavor. Be sure to drain off the juices before serving.
The Chinese culture indeed has a special way of serving food which also stresses the importance of the right combination of ingredients like herbs and condiments. This is why this Healthy Chinese Vegetable Salad recipe with Soy and Ginger Dressing is very much considered to be a healthy salad which is definitely good for your body.